Sweet
I've been wanting an iPod for ages. A little over a week ago, I told this to my mother. Immediately following this revelation was my explanation of what an iPod is (I was going to post a picture, but I figured that you guys already know what an iPod looks like). Once told, my mother went back to her own little world, in which it is still 1977. Or so it seemed. This morning, my mom called out to me:Mom: Have you seen that iPod commercial?
Me: Nope. Why?
Mom: Well, if you haven't seen it, then I don't think I should tell you about it. It would just make you want to buy one. Still, I will tell you that it features people dancing.
Me: Umm...okay. Thanks, Mom.
Later in the day, sometime during our second power outage of the day (damn wind!), my mom brought up the iPod again. I asked her why she kept talking about it, and she said that it just seemed to her like everywhere she went, she heard about iPods, and maybe it was a sign. Okay, kids. Listen up: my mother has never in the 22 years that I've known her attributed anything to "signs." I didn't even know that she believed in them. She has her weird bits of superstition, such as the belief that celebrities die in threes, but still...
So anyway, she believes so strongly in me getting an iPod that when I said that I was trying to save money and didn't want to buy one, she told me that she'd pay for half.
I love my Mom.
