10.12.2003

Tossed Salad Man was my favorite part of that HBO prison documentary

As if you couldn't tell by all the times that I posted today (and this only counts the things that actually got published for you to see), I didn't have nearly enough to do today. We're guessing that it's because of the holiday season, but today we had our slowest Sunday since the dead of summer. Not that I'm complaining, exactly, because it never pays to be too busy, but I could easily have had double my call load without even blinking. Still, the downtime did give us an opportunity to have conversations, play games, and of course, afford my supervisor the chance to raid my makeup bag and give me a makeover. Not that I didn't like having eye makeup that shouted "42 St, here I come," but I'm sure it must have looked at least mildly unprofessional to the random tech guy who had been singled out to come and install the new server. Well, that and the hour-long cell phone conversation I had with my friend, even going so far as to transfer all of my incoming calls to other people...

In addition to the other ways we spent all that free time, we also managed 1) to take a discussion of cooking skills (or lack thereof) and turn it into that Chris Rock joke of "tossing [my] salad" and 2) to explain this term to a conservative Muslim woman and a 50-something man.

Anyway, I have just recently taken off my makeup, but I keep finding myself staring in the mirror, looking at my eyes. I no longer remember how dark my eyelashes are naturally, so I can't tell whether I've gotten off all of the mascara. I used the eye makeup remover stuff and stopped cleaning at my lashes only when I didn't see any trace of dye, but I'm still not sure I got everything. This disturbs me.