I got it, thanks.
I love to watch sports, but there's one trend that I find disgusting: the way that networks continually show accident, over and over again, from every conceivable angle. I'm all for being thorough, but how many different ways do I have to see Damion Jackson's head smash into Johnny Damon's before I realize that something really bad happened? Thanks, Fox, but I get it. Colliding heads. Ensuing unconsciousness. Not good at all.It was the same on Friday night, when Atlanta outfielder Gary Sheffield was hit on the hand with a pitch. Immediately after, they showed a replay. And then another replay, from another angle. And then they showed it again, from the original angle. All told, they replayed it eight times. It was still Sheffield, it was still the same hand. Nothing had changed. We're not Leonard Shelby or Sammy Jankis. We are capable of making new memories, and don't constant refreshers.
I swear, if they thought that it would increase ratings, the powers that be at Fox Sports would shoot their own mothers and run the footage on permanent loop.
