N-U-G-G-E-T-S
There is a woman at my job who spells "Arkansas" as "Arcansaw." Seriously. This same woman apparently inhabits a universe in which you can board a plane in Raley, North Carolina or North Folk, Virginia. I suggested to a supervisor that we make up a sheet which lists the spelling of common cities of origin, both domestic and international, so that we could help this woman out without making it obvious that her lack of spelling skills is a problem. Although I'm still having the greatest time laughing at these mistakes, I realize that they could really make life difficult for the people who are taking these trips.Final note: my brother, who works for the same company as I do, told me about how this same woman spelled a certain Canadian city as "Taran." Apparently, he said, not only is the "to" silent, it's also invisible. And let's not even talk about the missing "o."
