10.03.2003

Who knew?

I work with a bunch of smart alecs, and we joke back and forth pretty frequently. Today, one of the guys from the back office (our corporate "division") was in our area when my supervisor and I were joking with each other. Ernie, our visitor, listened to us and then remarked to my supervisor that I was pretty sharp. I found it funny that he'd say that right in front of me, as if the television rule that people can't hear conversations that take place more than two feet away from them somehow applied to real life.

More than that, though, I realized that I've been trying to get the corporate people here to take notice of me for the length of my employment, and apparently all I had to do was play the dozens with my boss.

Why didn't anyone tell me this two months ago?