9.01.2003

Carelessness

I am the best person in the world to tell your secrets to. Why? Because I'll never breathe a word of it. Even if what you tell me is stupid/boring/annoying/horrible/amazingly funny, I simply will not share it unless you give me permission to do so.

I love this about myself, because it makes me feel loyal, but there's one person to whom this does not extend: myself. There are very few things about my life that I can keep to myself. I have a core group of friends who I believe that I can tell anything about myself, and I put my faith on this belief on a regular basis.

I'm a big believer in talking through one's thoughts, which is why I always make myself available to anyone who wants to talk. Still, I feel that my habit of telling pretty much everything about my life is not a good thing. I don't feel like I'm Inappropriate Disclosure Girl, but I know that I could be more circumspect.

My first foray into online journalling was a TMI look into my life, and it left me amazingly unsatisfied. I realized that for me, sharing is only meaningful when its with people to whom I have a connection. This might seem obvious, but I think that it's an accomplishment.

That being said, do you want to hear about my weekend?

Kidding...