OMG! can U believe it????!!!!!
I have a problem with the way that teenagers and young adults are represented in the media. We're not all vapid, sub-literate shopaholics, but you'd never know that just by looking at the different portrayals of people in this age group. My friend Jordan showed me a Mastercard ad that he received last week. Look at that. Why would anyone ever speak like that? It takes more effort to decipher what the people in this conversation are saying than it would have if they'd just written normally. And also, check out those ugly smiley icons. How many people are participating in this conversation, anyway?I would guess that most people have heard stories about younger people whose writing skills are practically nonexistent, due in large part to internet culture, but I still have to believe that these people are (in this way, at least) exceptional, and not at all representative of the general population.
Note to the advertisers of America: The advertisements that you market to teens and twenty-somethings would be more effective if you didn't make them offensive to your target group. Thanks.
Two things:
1) I fixed my comment system, which hadn't been cooperating.
2) I lost the comments that I already had.
3) I only lost two posts, and one of them was my own.
4) Here's a link to those posts.
