8.19.2003

Back on..

Among the things that Thursday's blackout interrupted: 50 million people's power, and my chance to get my swerve on. Okay, maybe not, but for a variety of reasons the coffee date that I'd scheduled for last Thursday obviously couldn't happen: 1) The guy who I was supposed to meet didn't get home until 11:15 because the ferries were so backed up, and 2) adventurous or not, I wasn't going to meet some strange man for the first time during the worst blackout in US history. So we're back on for tonight, and I changed the venue from a diner to an ice cream shop, because those are more charming, and also more populated, so at least all the parents and their cute kiddies will be around to hear my screams, should my date reveal himself to be a raging psycho.

Also, I'm really worried that he's going to be ugly.