Get thee behind me, Satan
I've just started attending a new church; it has several locations for the various Sunday services and weekday meetings. So far, I've been to the evening service that is held in the Village, and also to a small group that is located on the Upper West Side. I took the subway to get to both of these locations, and I realized that in addition to being the location of various Journey activities, they have something else in common: across the street from my subway stations are Urban Outfitters stores. To have my major weakness on the same street as my church is difficult but understandable; the store had to be located somewhere, right? But to also have it on the same street as the study group that I'm in? That's just wrong. I can resist only so much.Somewhere, in a largely ignored park in a semi-tropical setting, G-d and Satan are sitting together, playing chess and discussing Barbie and Ken's incestuous relationship and later divorce, George W. Bush in 41.2 seconds, and my tendency to forget all about budgeting every time I see an Urban Outfitters.
